- 13.11.2014A recent vote approved the latest draft of the revised ISO 9001 on quality management systems. The document can now progress to the next stage of the ISO standard development process.
- 05.02.2014ISO has just published a set of three standards to help companies and organizations get value from their assets
- 05.04.2013Russian Energy Ministry document was developed in accordance with the Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation of November 11, 2010 ¹ 1950-r "On approval of the list of state programs of the Russian Federation.
- 24.03.2013ISO is calling for nominations for the 2013 edition of the prestigious Lawrence D. Eicher Leadership Award for excellence in creative and innovative standards development by an ISO technical committee or subcommittee.
- 21.12.2010Santa's workshop awarded ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 certification
ISO 9001 revision moves on to final stage
The latest draft (Draft International Standard - DIS) was put to vote according to ISO procedures and received nearly 90% approval, which is enough for it to progress to the next stage: Final Draft International Standard (FDIS).
Experts in the ISO subcommittee revising the standard will now go through all the comments received during the DIS vote in order to produce a final draft which will then be put forward for voting. Once approved, the standard can then be published.
"We are on the right track, and we are on schedule for publication,"says Nigel Croft, Chair of the ISO subcommittee revising the standard. He adds, "The new version is very strongly based on three basic core concepts: that process approach which was very successful in the 2008 version of the standard superimposed on that system of processes is the plan-do-check act methodology, and a third core concept which is new in the 2015 version is risk based thinking, aiming at preventing undesirable outcomes."
ISO 9001 is one of ISO's most well-known standards, with more than 1.1 million certificates worldwide. It provides requirements to help companies demonstrate that they can offer their customers consistent, good quality products and services. It also provides a framework to help them streamline their processes and become more efficient at what they do. ISO 9001 can be used by organizations of all types and sizes. The standard has inspired a series of documents for sector-specific applications including for the automotive sector, the medical sector, local governments and more.